1-3 nl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hand 37793 on share my pair. Additional table notes. This was an aggressive table. Had run my stack from 100 to 575 in less than an hour. The comfort level of the cutoff didn’t change between streets. He seemed very comfortable on each street. I found a fold on the river but didn’t like it. In the end It seemed like more hands beat me than I could beat but would have liked to have found a way to better define his hand. He did say after it was over that he thought I would raise him on the turn. Finally there was a high hand promotion going on which the current high hand was jacks full of queens and he would have shown any hand better than that.

Nick
    Participant

http://mysmp.me/h_jP9

This is the corresponding share my pair

John S
    Participant

A lot of little things wrong with the way you played it IMO.

First, way too loose of a call pre-flop with that hand. I can see calling with that if you were suited, but off-suit that’s not a good call.

On the flop, I think you need to raise. Only a few hands beat you here. I think cut-off is likely to have a draw or pair + flush draw (like A2 suited) here. You block 77 and 88, so only one combo of each of those, and 3 combos of 22. I’d like to take charge of the hand or even just win it here because there are a lot of bad turn/river cards for you.

On the turn, as played I probably raise here. That Q doesn’t change much. Since you have a really strong hand but don’t have the board locked-down I’d like to see some aggression.

On the river, not sure what to tell you. That’s a bad card for you in a lot of ways. 99+ now beats you, the odd Q beats you, and the flush beats you. You’re getting 4-1 to call but I’m not sure if he’s doing that with a hand like A8 w/ Ace of diamonds.

Nick
    Participant

Good analysis—thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar