2 HOT HEADS 1 PRO

Home Forums Share Your Hand No Limit Holdem 1-2 \ 1-3 2 HOT HEADS 1 PRO

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

Pre flop I’m holding in pocket 10’s

3 players, Button = Me, UG, UG + 1
    UG bets $40
    UG+1 calls
    Button raise to $100
    UG calls
    UG+1 calls

Flop, 8C, 7D, 2H
    UG bets $50
    UG+1 calls
    Button raises to $100
    UG calls
    UG+1 calls

Turn 3C
    UG bets $100
    UG+1 raises to $300
    Button calls
    UG calls

River 10D
    UG checks
    UG+1 checks
    Button call all-in ($180)
    UG folds
    UG+1 calls

UG+1 shows pocket 3’s for trip 3’s, I show pocket 10’s for trip 10’s

I had been battling with the UG for several hands and knew he bluffed on play played 1 pair or flush draws repeatedly. Plus he kept talking smack (which is a dead give away) before and after hands. And he insulted my DALLAS COWBOYS after knowing I was a COWBOYS fan. I was just waiting for a hand to rob him blind. UG+1 was a pro. Only playing face cards, pockets, or ace suited cards. I was praying to finally get him in a hand I could take him down with. The poker GOD’s decided that was my hand to punish both of them.

Casey
    Participant

@Jeff,

Man, I think I might have raised the flop like you did, but after they called then bet and raised on the turn, I would’ve been done! Maybe not against just an aggressive player, but definitely against a maniac AND a proficient TAG. If you don’t improve on the river, do you call a bet? What was your thinking calling the turn raise?
    The turn brings in a couple more bluffs, idk if there’s enough out there to call though.. Especially with a competent TAG player raising it..

Jeff
    Participant

When the raise came, I was thinking he had pocket aces or kings, I didn’t put him on 3’s. To tell you the truth, I was on tilt at that moment. I was “hot head #1”. I had over cards and was confident I had the best hand. “Show no fear”… If the river didn’t give that 10, I would have went all-in anyway.

Casey
    Participant

Lol, I get that man! Most def. We’ve all been there!

They both called a 3-bet pre-flop, so an over pair somewhere in there is a definitely possible. Then utg bets into the 3-bet aggressor and utg 1 calls. Now an over pair is likely, but that’s on the low end of the range once everybody calls. There’s 87 for two pair and all the sets out there now as well, more hands are beating you at that point then not.
    Then, with all the callers, early position bets into everybody again and ugt 1 raises! That is SUPER strong. Everybody is raising each other and everybody is calling. Even a pair of pocket aa’s is weak at that point.
    In my opinion you have to get out of there. Hands down. You’re pretty much drawing to a two outer. You won this time, but if you played that hand over and over, you’d lose like 90% of the time.

Jeff
    Participant

Actually, I was the “hot head” that started that mess, all because I lost control of my emotions.

9 times out of 10 I would have never started that hand or got anywhere near it. I was trapped up in my emotional bag of vengeance. I call it my “I’m gonna get you sucker” mode. Both of those guys had wore my nerves down and I was out for blood. I know we have all been there at some point or some table, but my weakness is “table bullies”. If I see someone that has the table afraid to get involved in hands with them because of their aggressiveness or just taking advantage of conservative players, it makes me want to knock them down a few pegs. This is the one thing I believe hurts my game more than anything else. I am very conscience of the emotion that goes into poker, I even take time to prepare myself before I sit at a table. “it not personal, its just business” I say to myself. But as soon as I win a few big hands and they notice the DALLAS COWBOY hat and star card holder, here they come. “Oh theirs a new sheriff in town” is usually their standard remarks. LOL My standard response is “Yep, and you are all under arrest for impersonating poker players” LOL Of which I am the usually the biggest impersonator. LOL

Casey
    Participant

Lol 😆 I am the same way man. I battle them often. I learned pretty quickly not to do it with emotions though. I had to be super patient and wait for my spots; when I knew my range was smashing thiers. That’s the only way to truely beat them.
    You beat them though! That is always nice!

Casey
    Participant

Lol 😆 I am the same way man. I battle them often. I learned pretty quickly not to do it with emotions though. I had to be super patient and wait for my spots; when I knew my range was smashing thiers. That’s the only way to truely beat them.
    You beat them though! That is always nice!

DeeKay
    Participant

There’s a lot I don’t understand here. Opened to $40. That seems ridiculous even for a 2-5 game. So not sure if that was normal or the game was playing big. Therefore I would have called, not raise. But if we think he was a super loose player, I would have raised to near $200.
    After the flop, good flop for us, he opens to $50 into a $300 pot. With the over pair… I’m either going with the hand and putting in a big raise to $250 or I’m just calling if I fear he has an over pair (depends on the read of the player back to the huge initial bet of $40 and what that means).
    On the turn, once the player re-raises. We’re done. There is no way a re-raise into two player means that our 10’s are good. We’re done.
    Yes you won the hand, but its a heavy losing play in the long term. Glad you got satisfaction.
    As a final note… Cowboys suck. Paying $160m to Dak is absurd. He’s not a top tier QB or hasn’t proven it yet. He’s done just ok vs. a horrific division and haven’t done well against winning teams. His biggest asset is completion % but he doesn’t throw the ball down the field a lot. Good luck with that. I expect Dallas to finish last in the division this year.

Patrick Brennan
    Participant

I don’t understand the 3 bet sizing the most as I’m 3 betting here at a higher frequency than flatting against these player types. I think $200 is the minimum but I like slightly higher bet 220-240 against these exact player types. Take advantage of the maniac while denying equity from the solid player. The “pro” can only call a big bet here if he’s at the top of his range. Glad it worked out but I agree with Deekay that as played this is a losing strategy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar