Andrew Neeme EDC Vlog Hands

Home Forums Vlog Hands Andrew Neeme EDC Vlog Hands

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

first hand:

87c
    board: 7s6s5c

Andrew effectively jams this flop and i think its pretty bad i really feel that your going to have a hard time making the straddler fold an over pair that he has 3bet pre on this flop when your not that deep! my personal feeling is that flat the flop and see what happens on the turn!

second hand:

AA

he 5bets small pre and i really dont like this i cant think of any other hand that would take this line other than AA so i think it should either be a flat and hope the original raiser behind rips it in or just 5bet shove!

would like other peoples opinions on both hands!

Kevin Rex
    Participant

First hand:

Really tough spot considering the stack depth which Andrew notes. You are probably correct that you don’t really have too much fold equity against overpairs because the stacks are so short. Andrew raises all-in here because it is the only way he can actually realize his equity efficiently. Here is what I mean:

Andrew has probably at least 50% equity against any hand that villain could have unless villain weirdly 3bets small pairs and flopped a set (obviously very unlikely). The problem is that playing later streets here is really tricky for several reasons. 1) A lot of overcards are going to come on the turn, almost all of which are better for villain’s range. His value hands are likely overpairs and his bluffs are probably two overcards with a flush draw or backdoor flush draw. If Andrew just calls here with the intention to call the turn, he could be putting the rest of his money in with muuuuuuch less equity. What if the turn is the ace of hearts? He could be drawing much more slimly and his opponent is going to barrel this card close to 90%+ of the time. Andrew will have to fold sometimes on the turn and those times he’s effectively throwing away half of his equity by not seeing the river. Because he can’t always call the turn he is actually going to end up winning the hand less frequently (inefficiently) than he should with 50% equity. By getting it in he ensures he will see both river cards and will win the hand as often as he should. 2) Almost every card that “makes” Andrew’s hand against an overpair is a scare card for villain. What if he calls and the turn is the 4 of diamonds. Now there are 4 to a flush. This board would be favoring Andrew’s range (besides villain’s overpairs) and Villain should not always be getting in the rest of his money with a hand like TT or JJ with a spade. So, the 25% of the time that Andrew makes the best hand on the turn he will win on average less money than if he gets it in now. 3) Some of villain’s bluffs are going to be hands like KQ offsuit with a spade (Andrew’s hand! lol) and getting these hands to fold are actually a win for Andrew. Denying your opponent a chance to realize their equity when you have a hand that does not necessarily play well on later streets is always good. I’m sure Andrew would have been 100% fine if Villain had just folded two random overcards on that board.

Second hand:

Again, a tricky spot. Obviously all the options look super strong to your opponent. When i have AA in this spot I like to think about how I would play the hand if I were bluffing. AKs is probably the only hand I’d 5bet bluff with and the only way to play it in my mind would be to jam and maximize fold equity unless you were super deep. If you’re going to do it sometimes with AKs then you gotta just jam the AA here. But you also have to be honest with yourself – if you’re never ever going to 5bet jam with AKs then you shouldn’t be 5bet jamming with AA. In that case, you would just never be 5betting in this scenario and calling the 4bet with the intention of getting it in on all flops except maybe KQJ or something where the only hand you’re beating is AK. I think this option is 100% fine. It also “protects” your range in some way. It’s feasible you could also call the 4bet with hands like QQ or KK or AK. This may allow you to trap opponents on some boards.

I agree that 5betting small is the worst option. It’s really hard to ever be bluffing when you do that. If that guy really folded KK as Andrew thinks then I think it may be attributable to this weird 5bet size. That being said, no guarantee that he’d get paid off if he jammed either. Gives some credence to maybe just flatting the 4bet.

Paul Hewson
    Participant

First hand: I think with the straddle on giving an effective stack of 75bb that 78s is too weak a hand to continue with after the 3bet. He’s hardly ever getting the flop with anything other than a draw and as Andrew points out then the stack to pot makes it unlikely to get a good price for draws.

Second hand: Is there a 5bet bluff in his range? I haven’t seen it on his vlogs. So if not, I think he should shove all-in, everyone assumes he’s super strong and if they want to play their AA or AKs then good luck to them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar