Could you guys find a fold here?

Home Forums Share Your Hand No Limit Holdem Could you guys find a fold here?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Josue Navarro
    Participant

Hey guys I’ve been trying to figure out how I could have played this hand differently so that I wouldn’t have gotten knocked out of the tournament. The only conclusion I come to is that I could have just called villains river bet instead of going for value with the raise, but definitely no fold here. It would have saved me a ton of chips obviously but I think I miss out on value more often than not by not raising on the river. This hand is in a tournament after there are no more rebuys.

I have 99 in middle position and limp in. 5 players to the flop in a limped pot. Flop comes As3c3s checks to UTG who min raises to 1200. I call everyone else folds. Turn comes 9d. UTG raises to 1200 I re raise to 2400. He pauses for a sec and calls. River comes a 4d. He bets 3000 and I re raise to 10000, he shoves and I snap call. Villain turns over Aces full of threes to beat my nines full of threes.

How would you guys have played it differently?

John S
    Participant

It’s hard not to get stacked here.

First of all, his UTG limp with AA is pretty horrific. My only guess is he was planning to limp-raise pre-flop. UTG limp-raises are almost always QQ+, usually KK+.

You absolutely should be raising 99 over limpers here. There are 2.5 BB out there to steal and you have a strong hand. Gotta raise this. That raise should mean he 3-bets you, which you should probably call unless he goes huge. Then, if he bets this flop I probably fold given this line. That’s about the only way you don’t get stacked here. But once you see that 9 on the turn you gotta go broke. He should have more A3 and naked 3’s in his range than AA.

Chuck M
    Participant

I think the same 🙂

Michael
    Participant

In my estimation, every thought after the turn is ‘how do I get all the money on the felt?’ I’m not the best poker player, but I think you just need to get cooler-ed here.

Dillon Richards
    Participant

I agree with John, He was trying to trap you Pre-Flop which is when you could of gotten away from it, 9’s are definitely in your rising range here which is when he would of 3 bet maybe shoved on you trying to get it all in or pick up the pot before seeing a flop, then you could of called and gotten away on the flop or folded and waited for a better chance to get chips inn w with 9’s, all in all its still a cooler

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar