Good fold bad fold?

Home Forums Share Your Hand Tournaments Good fold bad fold?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Bentley
    Participant

Playing the $575 RunGood Main Event. We are in level 6. Blinds are 600/600/300 and I have around 28k. New player on my direct left opens to 1600. I call with ATdd in cutoff. Button calls as well. Flop comes T66 rainbow. New player bets 2000, I call, button calls. Turn is 6. Aggressor checks, I bet 1/3 pot, button shoves for 12k which is followed by new player shoving over the top. This call would be for my tournament life as new player has me covered. I’m super confused. I end up folding because I can’t really see original raiser having anything worse than a ten. She ended up having KTo and the button had pocket 9s.

So discuss….
    Good fold or bad fold?

Chuck M
    Participant

I don’t play much tournaments, but I think I’d fold here. I dunno if it’s a mistake. You’d still have 21k.
    Quads are rare for sure, but there are some 6x in BTN’s range. But he can also have Tx, or PP.
    Then when the original raiser c/r all-in on the turn after a bet and a raise, imo, she reps strengh. And I would think the best I can hope for, would be a chop. That would still be a win since it’s 3 handed. But I’d feel like some one could have a 6, or the original raiser could have an overpair I guess…

As I said, I’m no tournament expert, maybe the numbers will tell it’s a call, idk, I just think it’s still early and with 35 bigs, we still have plenty of time to play.

m2c

not a easy fold, obv, I would hate it, but that’s kind of the thought process I would’ve had, I think

DeeKay
    Participant

You get a shove and a re-shove, you have to put someone on the 6. I’m not sure you can re-raise with anything but. It looks like a couple of really bad plays that gave you the wrong read. It happens. There was definitely a range for having a 6, like 6-7 suited, or A-6 suited. I think its easy to let go and incredibly frustrating to see the cards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar