Multi-tabling lower stakes vs single-tabling higher stakes

Home Forums Other Poker Topics Multi-tabling lower stakes vs single-tabling higher stakes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marlow
    Participant

I know this has been asked a few times and I have read multiple forums from other sites, but I have not found any solidly applicable answers because I find that the questions are usually vague and nuanced and therefore receive vague and nuanced answers. So to get past this I am asking a specific question relating to the topic but specifically about me.

I played 25NL, did very well and moved up in stakes after a consistent “upward sloping profit curve”

I currently play 100NL, I am not dominating (yet) but I don’t suck, I have the middle area of a decently “upward sloping profit curve”

So, I have the skill to play at both levels as a whole for “poker skills” and I have the skill to comfortably play and maintain 4-6 tables (at 25NL).

Lastly, I have sufficient bankroll, time, hardware, software, diet, sleep schedule, and every other nuance needed to do both options.

So my question:
    Is it more beneficial for me to multi-table 25nl or to single table 100nl – specifically for my learning of the overall game and becoming a better player for live games

Extra information – I like to play poker because I find it like a math and human behavior puzzle all in one and I enjoy increasing my “mastery” of the skill. However I want to learn, more productively; so when I think of multi-tabling, I think of Naruto expediting his training sessions by using shadow clone jutsu – but in the sense of me playing more tables rather than more “mes” playing 1 table lol (sorry not sorry for the super nerdy reference)

My goals for poker are not to make money (at least not main goal) but more so to become a very good player and have a solid understanding of the game and be able to put up a fair fight against the greats or at the WSOP (However far away that might be)

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Marlow.
    KitsuNoir
    Participant

“My goals for poker are not to make money (at least not main goal) but more so to become a very good player and have a solid understanding of the game and be able to put up a fair fight against the greats or at the WSOP (However far away that might be)”

If that’s your main goal, then single table for higher stakes. The problem with multi-tabling is you can’t concentrate on all the players at all the tables. You’ll see a batter class of players at 100NL than at 25NL. The former game will come with more learning opportunities. The play at 25NL is pretty horrible, and you beat these guys with straight forward, ABC Poker. You’re more likely to find players who can make you think at 100NL and up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar