Not sure if I played it correctly

Home Forums Share Your Hand Not sure if I played it correctly

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Zalong
    Participant

Couple of hands here not sure if I did correctly or not. Always playing small games with friends on 1/1.

I had JKs in position. Player A called. I bet $6. Player A called, head up. Flop 9c/10c/Qs I bet $13. Player A called. Turn come blank. I bet $20. Player A called. River come 3c. Player A bet $25 and I called. He had 86c, flush over my straight. I started with $200+. He was about even or cover me by a little.

I got Q8 off suit on the button. Player A Open for $5, I call and 1limper called, flop come Qh/4d/7d, Player A bet $21. MP fold. I called and turn was a blank, Player A proceed to shaft with $30(What I had left) then come river 3d. Player A turn over 58D. I was short at about $60 left

I floating with 7/4 off. UTG raise $5, I call and 2limpers also call. Flop come 7/4/9 rainbow. I bet $7, Player A call, other 2 fold. Turn come 2, I bet $14. Player A call again. River was a 2. I check and Player A check behind with Q9 off. 2 pairs at the river counterfeit my 2pairs. I am about $80 as well

I had AK off, Player A raise to $5. In position I raise to $12. Flop was AH8D9H. Player A bet $10. I called. Turn come Kc. Player A check and I bet $20. I called. River come 8H. Player A raise $30. I called and lose with 2pairs Vs FH. I had $100 to start with.

I don’t know if I can do anything different here. All this happen within last few orbits of our game. Was on $150 buy in. And up to $250 and loss everything. After all the hands above happened.

Chuck M
    Participant

1 (KJ), just a cooler imo.
    He limp / you raise / he call
    flop the nuts, bet pot, he calls, turn blank, you bet halfpot, he call, river he donks 25 into (if i’m not mistaken) 25 into 80. Yeah, it’s a call with that price, you’ll be good pretty often I think.

2 (Q8), you called off while ahead, too bad he hit his 12 outter (fd + gs). He had outs, but you still were ahead 75/25.

3 (74), just fold pf. Don’t call an UTG raise with that hand, especially with other players to act after you. You caught a lucky flop, but you shouldn’t have been on that hand imo 🙂
    Or, you donk 7 into 20? I would’ve bet larger, somewhere around 15 I think, or tried a check/raise.

4 (AK), that was a small 3bet (7 on top of his 5), you wanna get value with your strong hands, and plyr A seems to be a bit loose, depending on the stack sizes, you could’ve raised easily to 15-16, maybe even 20. I understand that he donked 10 into 24, you flat, it’s ok to flat depending on your read / history with him, or you can raise right away, you can get called by AQ-, straight draws, flush draws. If we flat, I would’ve raised turn when we hit top2. River is scary, frontdoor flush draw comes in, and filling A8, 98, (and K8)… As played, since you underrep your hand, I think we pretty much have to call, but we kinda let villain catch what he needed. Had he call our raise on the flop, and gotten the stacks in on the turn, we still lose when he catch the river, but at least, we played it to get max value while we were ahead.

I don’t think those were huge mistakes, in that home game, friendly night context. I just think you ran pretty bad 😐

my humble opinion 🙂

Robert L
    Participant

Hi,

1) Just a cooler. I think you can bet a little less on the flop and more on the turn here though.
    2) You should just fold this hand preflop, it’s too weak. Even Q8 suited should be folding to an open.
    3) Same as the last hand, fold preflop
    4) You should raise bigger (at least $15). On the flop I don’t mind calling or raising. On the turn you should be betting much bigger since you have a significant range advantage. The pot is around $45 so I’d like a bet around $30-50

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar