Setting up for a river jam against a maniac?

Home Forums Share Your Hand Online Play Setting up for a river jam against a maniac?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Hey everyone, first post here. I have a link to an online hand I played here where I set myself up for a river jam against a loose and wild player. Not sure if I played it correctly or not. I would love some feedback and critique, let me know what you think!

Link to the hand:

Marlow
    Participant

I think a slight problem came from your stack size being shorter than his.

I would’ve played this the exact same way but by the turn for me, I think I would’ve just shipped it all in there because it was most likely going to be all in by the river anyways (as your plan was). But there were a handful of river cards that you definitely didn’t want to see (A’s, K’s, diamonds, arguably 2’s and 6’s for 76/87 hands seeing) as he was loose and on button.

With shoving on the turn you force him to a hard decision (which is likely to cause a mistake = good), but seeing as you left .85c behind it may of shown a lack of commitment to the all in. As well to my first comment, he also had no fear of calling your turn bet (shove or not) and then having to also face a river bet because you were all in. If you had of had 12-18 behind, he would’ve had to think about a possible river bet of half or full pot if he missed his hand, which would’ve also given you some extra fold equity for a situation like this.

Regardless, I would personally say you made the right play by betting the pot, which denied odds and forced him to make a mistake if he was to call. He happened to of made a mistake and got paid for it but in the long run of this line you took, you would be more profitable.

Brad Owen
    Keymaster

Great job on the video Dan. Thanks for posting man. Unlucky runout, think you played it great.

Dan
    Participant

Thanks for the response, Brad! That video took me like 10 takes to get right and my face wasn’t even in it, haha. This video thing definitely isn’t easy. (I also only found the option to hide player names after I posted this, so a bit of a derp there.)

Dan
    Participant

Thank you for the reply. I definitely see your point about jamming the turn to apply max pressure, especially since I only had .85 behind.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar