Trouble w/Jacks

Home Forums Share Your Hand No Limit Holdem 5-10 Trouble w/Jacks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brad Owen
    Keymaster

Here is a hand I played recently at the Bellagio in a 5/10 game against a European pro who has a reputation for making big bluffs sometimes. He also plays 10/20 mostly but was playing lower while waiting for his usual game. Do you fold preflop? Do you call the river? Let me know what you think. Click the link below to check it out:

http://mysmp.me/h_h4R

Ron Ruddick
    Participant

One of those hands that’s hard to get away from. I would have played it the same way hard to put him on pocket AA or KK especially if he has a reputation of bluffing although that might be part of his game.

Brad Howard
    Participant

If he has any light 4-bets you are in decent shape to call pre flop. This seems pretty reasonable given your description. Probably around 40% equity with position.
    Bluffing the flop seems dumb since he would check boards he has crushed (AK, AA, KK). calling the flop and river seems mandatory given he has more AK than AA and KK.
    Feels like this was just a set up that he played well to check on the flop.
    Sucks.

Meat grinder
    Participant

I always notice people that play higher limit and play at lower limit waiting for a seat are always super aggro and drop stacks quick because they feel they are better than u. I take advantage of those people. I couldnt find a fold here after turn. No way i put him on AA or AK.

Steven Young
    Participant

Based on the 4 bet pre flop you could put him in AK or AA. But the way it played it is very hard to get away from. I would think I am good most of the time with JJ there. You are only losing to 3 hands. I would have got stacked too. I would have played it the same way. Would have been a hero fold for sure

Steven Young
    Participant

I also forgot to mention I hate pocket jacks and would have most likely folded preflop lol

Brad Owen
    Keymaster

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. It definitely wasn’t an easy decision.

William
    Participant

Your JJs here are essentially a bluff catcher. You beat no value hands. It’s a tough spot. Against this villian, given your description, did you give any consideration to just flating his preflop raise?

Brad Owen
    Keymaster

Yeah, there are a few value hands like KQ, KT, and QT he could have and think are good. I was told he has been seen doing things like this with complete air as well. I didn’t give much consideration to flatting preflop since he was in the CO and should have a very wide range. I’m on the button and could be 3-betting a wide range too so I figured I should get a lot of calls from worse hands or he could 4-bet bluff.

AndrewNeeme
    Participant

I play it exactly the same except my avatar would look much more annoyed than yours does in the replayer.

Ryan
    Participant

I cant see you doing anything other than reloading after the hand GG

Brad Owen
    Keymaster

Haha Andrew, my avatar was very pissed this session. Lost 3k 🙁

Thanks Ryan.

Dave Thompson
    Participant

Very unfortunate turn card for you. I don’t see how you can fold jacks full on the river. There’s certainly a good chance you’ve got a loser, but as you say there are some value hands you beat plus you’re clearly putting a fair number of bluffs in his range.

As for preflop, if he’s as aggressive as you suggest, then folding to a 4-bet with JJ on the button seems too tight.

Overall, I don’t see playing it any other way than what you did.

Doughboi
    Participant

Set over Set man-up and reload man. We all going broke in that spot.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar