1st hand KK fail. Could I have done it different besides folding?

Home Forums Share Your Hand Tournaments 1st hand KK fail. Could I have done it different besides folding?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brandon
    Participant

So played in a tournament the other night and had to rebuy. Sit down with 12K, blinds were 200/400 w/400 ante and about to go up. I’m in the CO and get KK on the first hand. UG+1 limps, middle position limp, rest fold to me. I 3B to 1200, blinds fold and both limpers call. Flop comes 8h7h3d UG1 check, MP shoves all in. I put her on a flush and straight draw and call. She’s got 88, flops a set and bounces me on the 1st hand. I tried to make a move to help my stack but totally misplayed it. Any advice besides the obvious answer of folding?

Tom
    Participant

The villian has a straight flush draw in your opinion then he’s a slight favorite (56% / 44%) so it comes down to putting your tournament at risk on a coin flip…and that’s assuming your villian is on the exact range you thought, obviously they could have an overpair and sets in their range as well. Under the circumstances I think you could have found a fold in that spot.
    Just my 2 cents

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar