2/3 NL Holdem Right Call on Turn?

Home Forums Share Your Hand 2/3 NL Holdem Right Call on Turn?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Evan M
    Participant

2/3 NL I have $830 stack to start hand in middle position. I raise with Kd Jd to $20 with button straddle to $6. BTN Calls with a stack of about $1,000 and B.B. calls with about $150 stack. Flop comes Ks 4d 3d. Checks to me and I bet $35. Button calls and B.B. folds. Turn comes 8c. I lead out for $65 and button snap raises to $250 total. I put my opponent on a two pair like K8. I tank and call with 14 outs to the river which bricks out 6h. I check and button checks. Button shows 8-4 off with two pair and scoops pot. Was it too loose of me to call $250 on turn? How was my bet sizing pre-flop and on the flop? What could I have done differently in this hand?

Tosho
    Participant

So i think maybe pflop open litlle bigger,flop line standard ,turn line standard. I dont think it was to loose the call you have implied odds .The question is if you hit your hand on river what line would you had take on the river.Thats my opinion ,gl all at the tables.

The 8 should be a brick when you take into account the BUT range. Yeah I know he hit it, with a ridiculous 84o, but he only has two combos of K8s that would be reasonable, plus 9 combos of sets (4, 3, 8).

I liked your preflop sizing. With it going 3 ways to the flop, I might have made it a little higher on the flop bet, say to $45-50… tough not be results oriented here though. I might have made the call on the turn too FYI.

He’s the guy you want to play pots with, as he’s called off $14 more with 84o, and then calling a half pot bet, with bottom pair.

good luck!

Evan M
    Participant

I agree with both of you. I could have definitely sized a little higher pre-flop. I also could have sized larger on the flop as well for sure. Looking back I think that those were the only spots to get him off his hand with relation to how large his stack size was as well. Thanks for the input!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar