A lil affirmation needed…

Home Forums Share Your Hand Tournaments A lil affirmation needed…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Bentley
    Participant

Hey guys.
    Was playing a tournament recently. $680 buying with 45 min levels. We are currently sitting with 16BBs at a 2k/1k/200 level.
    Here’s how I busted and wanted y’all’s thoughts if I made the right decision despite the outcome.

UTG+1 shoves with 9 BBs. Hes shoved several times with wonky hands and playing super loose since we have a fairly tight table. I look down at 99s in the cutoff. I reshove with my 16BB. Folds to SB who calls with pocket 10s. UTG1 shove had K10 off suit. We both bust as neither of us improves.

Just want some affirmation if the reshove was the right play. I don’t like flatting. So my only other option is folding. Obviously in hindsight I wish I’d have it back. What would y’all have done? Something different?

Patrick Brennan
    Participant

I’m shoving there just about every time. You got unlucky that the sb woke up with 10s. He just happened to have 1 of the 5 hands that had you beat. Most often you’ll be flipping in that spot which is fine. Also, you’ll get calls from bigger stacks with 8s,7s,6s and even 5s often enough. Right play just unlucky outcome.

Raging Reporter
    Participant

I think it’s the right play indeed, especially when the UTG+1 player is as loose as you say. With less then 10 bigs he might even be shoving hands like A5, A6, A7 & A8, which you obviously do very well against. Like Patrick said, you’re just unlucky SB wakes up with a hand.

GG and on to the next one!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar