ACES IN A 1/2 Game What Wouldve you Done

Home Forums Share Your Hand No Limit Holdem ACES IN A 1/2 Game What Wouldve you Done

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Herman
    Participant

Let’s start a discussion with my Poker Players I have on here …

I got into a really interesting hand yesterday.. 🧐

I was UTG and I look down at A♦️♠️A to start the hand I have $502 I open up to $22 ((UTG+1 flat calls me he’s the villain with $980 to start the hand)) but we go 4 ways to the flop and it comes out ♣️4♠️6♣️9 I lead out $70 and UTG+1 re raises to $170 folds around gets to me and I eventually make the call turn comes the ♦️10 I check and player bets $200…

ARE WE ALWAYS BEAT HERE??

What would’ve you done here? 🤔🤔

Han
    Participant

Game is pretty deep for a 1/2 game. We’re 250BB effective here. I’m not much of deepstack player, but I recall pocket-pairs go down in value and suited connectors go up in value.

As played. I think the open is very big. Is this the usual open in this game? I’ve seen 5 – 7x the BB, but 11x open?

The flop is interesting. I like the bet and the sizing. The board is very draw heavy and we do not block the nut flush draw as well. Sizing up to 70, in a multiway pot, in my opinion is fine and should reduce the field. We also want value from flush draws, straight-draws, over-pairs, pair-plus flush draw, pair-plus ace holding.

UTG+2 villain raising on this board, could be a set trying to deny equity or even an over-pair trying to deny equity himself. I don’t see the nut flush draw doing this type of raising. But this is really player dependent as well. A good player would know to raise here with their powerful hands, but the sizing should’ve been bigger.

I’ve seen some OMC types, call a raise to see a flop, and raise the flop when they are holding over-pairs. Especially, on this board texture where they are trying to protect their hand. So without knowing too much about the villain, I think calling was the worst option. You gave up the betting lead and are now stuck in a pot out-of-position.

Your deep enough here to let go of this hand and pick another spot. Its hard to let AA go, but your deep-stacked facing a flop-raise on a draw heavy board. It’s a tough spot. If the villain was good and kinda-knows what he/she is doing, no one would fault you on folding here.

Against weaker villains, I’d raise here and then getting it all-in with any non-spade turn card.

Herman
    Participant

I called the turn bet and went all in for $110 more J♣️ On the river and he said aces were good villain is very bad player but definitely put the pressure here

Herman
    Participant

The game plays really big open like this is actually standard

Han
    Participant

Nice! Hand holds for a 500BB pot.

Yoheem
    Participant

Yea i read the results already but when i read how the hand played out up to the turn bet .. i was putting the player on a Over pair jus from your notes .. i can see a top flush draw raising the flop but checkin in position on the turn not to commit themselves and get a free river card (most players).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar