Bad shove/Good shove?

Home Forums Share Your Hand No Limit Holdem Bad shove/Good shove?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Illiasse
    Participant

1-3 NL live
    Hero hold K7s on the BB
    Open 15 from UTG+1 (loose player)
    3bet 45 by the Hj who is aggro fish
    Hero call, UTG+1 call
    Flop 2s 3s 9h
    UTG check
    Hj cbet 45
    Hero call
    UTG+1 check raise 145
    Hj call
    Hero move All-in 500💵

So at this point before I moved all-in I was thinking about to get the maximum if any spade showsup and otherway I was liked if I call and the turn bring a blank or a spade it gonna kill the rest of the action, that’s my thinking before shoving and decided to move All-in. For the villains ranges, the utg+1 I put him in something like 99+ a list set or overpair, and the Hj something like flush draw with the Qs, some gutshut J7s+, QTs+

What do you guys think? Did I take the correct line? Just wanna know if the shove is correct.

Thanks! Can’t wait for your thinking!

Robert L
    Participant

Hi Illiase,

You should just be folding this hand preflop. After that I think you should either raise the initial $45 or be folding after that. You probably don’t have any fold equity and are behind, so I’d assume you’re losing money with this play. Still, it’s an odd hand because you shouldn’t be in this spot with K7

Thanks!

Illiasse
    Participant

Thank you my man after the hand I realized it was bad play.

allin67
    Participant

I would lean towards folding K7 suited for $15 (had it not been three bet). You are out of position. Flopping a King (your best realistic flop) could cost you a lot of money. As actually played, you are investing almost 10% of your stack on a highly speculative hand out of position. I don’t think the decision here is close. FOLD.

As played, you flopped about as good as you could hope. I would probably play this flop aggressively, either betting out or check raising. As played, however, you now see two people willing to put $145 into this pot. Why would they do that? Overpairs, sets, and an Ace high flush draw are all possible. And these people may feel pot committed after putting in $145 on the flop. So your fold equity is poor. You could be drawing slim. That you rule out a higher flush draw is a bit optimistic (while, indeed, not overly likely). I guess I would be torn here between a shove and a fold (calling leaves you in a horrible spot the roughly 84% of the time you miss hitting a Spade on the turn). Since I don’t like the idea of drawing to a non nut hand for almost $500, I regretfully fold here.

Illiasse
    Participant

Thank you 🙏🏽 for your response Allin, I don’t usely play like that it was a bad play from me. After the turn(4s) and the river(8h) come out, UTG showed 99 for set and the Hj showed As5s for straight flush.
    My mistake was the preflop play, my 3bet should take out the Hj in this spot with his A5s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar