Did I misplayed it?

Home Forums Share Your Hand No Limit Holdem Did I misplayed it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Juwon Lee
    Participant

This hand was played at 1/3 NL hold’em.

I picked up pocket KK on UTG. I raised to 15. Cut off called, and Button called. Button is a player is a good player, who is aggressive and has put me to tough spots many times.

Flop came 852 all diamonds. I had K of diamond. I believed that i had the best hand and bet 25. only button called. we were about 700$ effective.

Turn was a great card. K of club. Now i had top set with 2nd nut flush draw. I bet 70. He raised to 170. I certainly can’t fold, but I don’t know whether i should just call or raise.
    At that time, i was thinking if i raise it would be all in, and only better hands would called me. lower set, 2 pairs, or ace high flush draw would just call and re-evaluate on the river especially having position on me. slowly played flush would have definitely played this way. So i just called. Because i can boat up or if heart comes i can beat any lower flush.

River was an interesting card. it was X diamond (not sure) I checked (not sure if i should bet here too) and button raises to 200. I could not do anything else but called. He shows A diamond and 9 club for nut flush.

Knowing he had a flush draw on the turn, shoving would have been a correct play. But of course i did not know that. and his raise on the turn with a nut flush draw was a great play too.

I want to know how i should have played this hand.

aerodub
    Participant

Ugh this seems like just a bad rollout with an unusually aggressive opponent. WOndering what others think, but yes once he raises your turn bet then I think the better play is to shove–he just has other possible diamonds and if he’s aggressive he may call even with a low-flush draw. So even though you want to make more $ from hands that you might scare away, I think it’s a conservative play to shove and make draws think harder about continuing (especially since he’s aggressive and can have those in his range even after raising you). Tricky though. Thank you for sharing.

Caged6721
    Participant

This is my thought on the hand.

I picked up pocket KK on UTG. I raised to 15. Cut off called, and Button called. Button is a player is a good player, who is aggressive and has put me to tough spots many times.

Since there where only calls preflop you can almost certainly assume there is no AA AKo or AKs AQs. Low suited aces could be the case though.

Flop came 852 all diamonds. I had K of diamond. I believed that i had the best hand and bet 25. only button called. we were about 700$ effective.

So after the flop comes the 25 bet is good enough to rep your overpair with second nut flush draw. Yet again he only called. Meaning he doesn’t have his flush atm. Maybe top pair or 2 pair could be reasonable since he is on his dealer button range. But I think he would have raised for value. So far so good. Also with this flop you can rule out A8, A5 and A2 of daimonds.

Turn was a great card. K of club. Now i had top set with 2nd nut flush draw. I bet 70. He raised to 170. I certainly can’t fold, but I don’t know whether i should just call or raise.
    At that time, i was thinking if i raise it would be all in, and only better hands would called me. lower set, 2 pairs, or ace high flush draw would just call and re-evaluate on the river especially having position on me. slowly played flush would have definitely played this way. So i just called. Because i can boat up or if heart comes i can beat any lower flush.

This is a great card for you against what the opponent now could have in this situation. And I think he raised your bet to see if you have a weak to medium holding (Flush draws, straightdraws or a missed board / turn with a better Ace hand then him with out the flushdraw) The pot is now 355 after his raise. Now you should represent your top set on this turn with a reraise 1.5 / 2.5x his betting amount. Or shoving would look really strong here. He would have been in a though spot himself with only the daimond saving his hand at this point. And he has to put you on a hand which he can only beat when the daimond comes. In this case if he decided to call, you would have still lost at this daimond river (If any other card then a daimond came you would have recked him) But by putting in the reraise you are giving him the decision to fold or call with only a marginal draw. (Yes he has the nutflush draw, but who would have known he would actually hit it) So by putting in the reraise you would have made it harder for him to even beat you on the river, and even if he did at the time decided to call he would have had a lucky river but the way you lost the hand would be very different at this point. And I think he would fold more times then call here, putting you on the better hand on this turn (without the reraise he could also think you only hit the king and his ace hit would also win him this hand)

River was an interesting card. it was X diamond (not sure) I checked (not sure if i should bet here too) and button raises to 200. I could not do anything else but called. He shows A diamond and 9 club for nut flush.

The only thing you could have done different here was put out a small bet to sniff his hand out at this point. Calling was good after his bet though. To bad the river came out this bad giving you the second nuts and losing the strength of your top set.

This is how I would have played the hand. Hope you get some information out of my way of thinking about this hand.

Anyone elses thoughts on how I see this hand?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar