Interesting Hand with Loose Micro Player

Home Forums Share Your Hand Online Play Interesting Hand with Loose Micro Player

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Participant

http://www.pokerpoise.com/viewhand?3626
    That site has a great way to interact with the hand but ill post the details here as well for ease of access.
    .02/.05/.10
    – – – – – Pre-Flop Action – – – –
    Hero (8d 8h): Raises to $0.37
    Button: Folds
    SB: Calls $0.35
    BB: Folds
    Straddle: Raises to $1.5
    Hero (8d 8h): Calls $1.13
    SB: Calls $1.13
    – – – – – – – Flop Action – – – – –
    Flop: Qd 4c Qh
    SB: Checks
    Straddle: Checks
    Hero (8d 8h): Bets $3
    SB: Folds
    Straddle: All-In for $12.18
    Hero (8d 8h): All-In for $6.95
    Straddle: Shows Ac Jh
    Turn: 8c River: 10d
    Hero wins Main Pot

Notes:
    Pre-flop raise: I thought this was a decent spot to raise 3x 5 handed. Pocket pair is usually a flip against most calls.
    Calling preflop re-raise: Straddle has been raising a wide range of hands pre-flop and has been playing very loose in general. A pocket pair ahead of me other than 99 or TT seems unlikely given the sizing. So there is a good chance im ahead or flipping, so I called.
    Raising after flop:Two Q’s on the flop gives me a good indication I have the best hand. SB would have raised a better pocket pair and Straddle is playing looser so while he could have a better pocket pair, I’m putting him on Ax or Kx.
    Calling All-in:This made me throw up a little. I know this guy has been playing very loose, raising almost any Ax-Jx hand. But that doesn’t rule out him having a queen. Everything up until this point has told me to fold, but the way he has been playing it just doesn’t add up. I think this is the wrong play but my gut ended up being correct.

Any and all feedback would be great! Thanks guys!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar