is it worth to much?

Home Forums Share Your Hand Online Play is it worth to much?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian Widjaja
    Participant

Hey guys,

I am playing microstake online 0.01/0.02 (i know its not really much but I really need some input here on my decision). My hand was JdQs and I was BB with 4.34 starting stacks. BTN (starting stack 4.29) bet 0.08, SB called (starting stack 1.97), and I called. The flop was Qd10hKh and I got a straight. SB checked, I bet 0.23, BTN called, and SB folded. The turn was 4h. I bet 0.50 and BTN called. At this point I was thinking that BTN might have a flush. The river was Ad and I check, then BTN shoved all in. I was thinking to call because BTN might be bluffing as he/she might only have 1 heart but I decided to fold.

I keep thinking about this play and not sure if this is was the right decision, I had a straight 10 to Ace.

Robert L
    Participant

Hi Sebastian,

I don’t agree with the donk-bet on the flop. I think you should be checking basically everything to the aggressor because trying to come up with a balanced donk-bet strategy is very difficult. Also, the BTN has way more nutted hands (AJ, AA,KK,QQ,TT etc) than we do. Check raising is probably best here. Also, your bet size of almost pot is very large. I think going with 0.18 or so is a bit better.

Turn: I think you should be checking. Since betting the flop put you in a weird position ( you’re not really betting for value or as a bluff) you should be check calling.

River: Villain shoves for 2x pot. You basically have a bluff catcher now because you’re probably chopping at best and I think you should be folding. There’s not many hands villain will be bluffing with here that called the flop and turn, and there’s a lot of flushes you can be up against. Although it’s possible villain might raise some on the flop or turn.

Please let me know if you disagree at all.

Robert L
    Participant

Correction:

You should be check-calling the flop for the reasons stated previously…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar