Kings on the river Killing me

Home Forums Share Your Hand No Limit Holdem Kings on the river Killing me

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Casey
    Participant

Utg opens to $15. I call with 66, fold to the BB who 3 bets to $45. Utg calls and I call with the intent to set mine.
    Flop comes out 642 rainbow.
    BB raises $50, utg folds, I call. Turn is a 4 giving me a full house. BB checks and I bet $100. BB calls and the river is a King. BB then bets $200. I go all in for $225 and lose to KK.
    Can I get away from that?? I bet $100 as value. Should I have bet the flop or turn harder?

This is the second night in a row (simular situation) I’ve got stacked by a King on the river. Yesterday I bet even more aggressively, raising the turn bet to all in, got called to watch a King roll off. I’m pissed.

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by Casey.
    David Wibel
    Participant

Casey, in general I would say you can’t get away from this. You have the 3rd nuts, that’s not really a hand I’m ever inclined to fold. But there may be other circumstances at play but it’s important to remember that getting two outed happens, it sucks but it part of poker.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks David. I know it’s poker, but getting stacked two nights in a row to 2/3 outers is almost enough to make me want to quit poker.

In my gut I knew I was beat. I’ve seen people lay this down before. How do they do it?? I want to be that good..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar