Rate my play

Home Forums Share Your Hand Tournaments Rate my play

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tanner johnson
    Participant

125 dollar buy in tournament

16k starting chips

Few tough coolers to start putting hero starting stack at 10k

Blinds 500/1000

Pickup Q9 suited UTG limp (Ik not ideal play but did not want to get three bet and have to fold as I don’t want to play Q9 out of position and have not seen decent hand in almost an hour)

Villain: AK raises to 3500 on the button. Fairly tight player but has been regularly raising on the button to steal blinds and punish limpers and play marginal hands in position.

Hero: calls and is only caller

Heads up flop: Q 10 4 rainbow

Hero: Is going to check but sees villain already counting out his C bet and decides to shove all in and put decision on perceived tighter player.

Villain: Takes 4 minutes in tank to make the call

Board runs out 7 and then gives him the Jack for the straight.

Anything I could do to improve on this hand or just an unfortunate river but hand was played decently.

Chuck M
    Participant

Unlucky riv
    But lucky flop

With 10bb I would’ve folded pf. You say you don’t want to get 3bet and play oop. You ended up pretty much in the same situation (except for the 3b pot).

If you choose to play that hand, I would say to open it to 2250-2500, and fold vs a shove.

Or, you can limp, btn raises, then you shove after his raise.

But with 10bigs i think you can fold, pay the blinds, and try to make a move when you’ll be in late pos (btn, co…)

My humble opinion 🙂

Tanner johnson
    Participant

Thank you for the input! Looking back today I see I could have played this differently pf and saved some money but you live and learn.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar