Tilted player shows me his cards.. what do I do?

Home Forums Share Your Hand Tilted player shows me his cards.. what do I do?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zach
    Participant

This hand is interesting mainly bc of the player showing me his cards mid hand…

Game is a 1-3 I have roughly 1K in front of me, vastly covering the table. I was on the list for 2-5 but the game was too good, I could C bet any hand to induce folds… all my flushed and straights were hitting.. and we were short handed, great great game. The villain in this hand is extremely nitty.. but is specifically tilted against me. First hand I sat down with AK off and made it 15 and he jammed 420 in while on the button with zero callers… I called him an idiot for jamming his aces there, showed my AK and folded. Since then he has been beyond pissed off for 4 hours constantly sarcastically saying “ I’m a great player.” And “ I’m just not as good as you.” I say all this so that you understand the background.

On to the hand..

UTG+1 makes it 10, folds around to me on the button with 8-3 diamonds and I call. Villain (SB) calls as well.

Flop Kc 7d 4d

Villain checks, UTG 1 checks, I bet 20. Villain makes it 120. UTG folds. Villain says I have a set. I know you have diamonds so do what you want.. I said show me? And he shows me pocket 7’s… I never show my diamonds so he doesn’t know I have them… pot is 54 now 174? He has about 200 left. What do I do?

I had decided this was my last hand and already had a rack. He tells me he will fold if any diamond hits.. not sure if it’s true.. but I believe him.. so it limits any chance of me getting paid off… I know he will just jam a brick turn.. so i feel like my only options are to jam here so I can get max value from my diamond or just fold and rack up…

Dave Thompson
    Participant

Since you know he has a set, you have no fold equity. So it just becomes a math exercise. If you shove, that’s 300 beyond your 20 to win 374. That’s about 1.25 to 1. So you need about 44% equity in order for a shove to be profitable. Your flush draw against his set has about 25% equity. You’re not getting the right price. You should fold.

Zach
    Participant

The math is simple.. and for the record I folded.. however, the idea of flatting his bet and seeing the card for 100 came into my mind. I didn’t show my cards and I never even said I have diamonds.. so who’s to say that if one hits he would fold. The math still isn’t great but I don’t actually believe he would auto fold to any diamond considering he doesn’t know that I have them…

If I had to do it over again, I would still fold. I just think there’s an option to call the bet now that I think it over

Platopoker
    Participant

Fold, and I would also be folding 8-3 of diamonds pre-flop. I think the only justification for calling or raising on the flop is if you are going to stay awhile and think you will get more money off this tilted player (assuming he is willing to re-buy if you hit and win).

Zach
    Participant

I don’t disagree with the pre flop fold… I fold that for $3 or $5 on a regular basis. And people don’t tend to like to hear justification because there usually isn’t much.. but sometimes you are at a table where you’re just clearly the best player with multiple donkeys and you have to widen your pre flop range from an exploitative standpoint.

Either way, I folded the hand. And I would have folded whether he showed me his cards or not. Just thought it was an interesting spot and crazy thing to see.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar