What is a standard buy in for 5/5?

Home Forums Vlog Hands What is a standard buy in for 5/5?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Walls
    Participant

Hey guys.. I’ve been buying in for $300 everytime and usually grind my way up to $900 and will look to cash out once I’ve made over the $1100 mark.. I see that a lot of pros biybin for 1k.. what’s the advantages and disadvantages of this? Sometime I will admit I can start off bad and I’m suddenly really low and have to push pre flop and get lucky which often enough works haha but sometimes I’ll rebuy again to get going.. sort of look at it like two lives.. thoughts? I see Brad always buys in for 1k as well

Brad Owen
    Keymaster

Buying in for the max is generally better so that you can fully capitalize on your opponents’ mistakes. One of the most common mistakes people make in 5/5 is that they call too much. When you only have $300 in front of you and you make a big hand, you can only make $300 from your opponent rather than 1k. Also, if you have a short stack and find yourself in a big pot on later streets, you’re not going to be able to bluff as effectively since you won’t have many chips to do it with so it takes some of your tools away. With that being said there are some advantages of playing a short stack and plenty of profitable players do it. It just requires a different strategy.

Stephen Walls
    Participant

Cheers Brad mate! You have definitely converted me. People can suck out on you easier knowing you don’t have a big stack behind you that’s for sure.

Have increased the buy in! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar