wondering on river check or bet with the nuts

Home Forums Share Your Hand No Limit Holdem wondering on river check or bet with the nuts

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dillon Richards
    Participant

http://mysmp.me/h_poN

Biggest win I’ve had at .02/ .05 now that i see villains hand i know i could of bet on the river and had a call, my question is was it wrong to check the river over to him, is this the losing play in the long run and if so what should i of bet, nothing over nut flush would of called me there so I’m nut sure but what betting size would of gotten a second or third nut flush to call or maybe a high two pair, thanks.

Dillon Richards

Chuck M
    Participant

I think with the line you took, playing it passively, it’s ok to check river (and when villain bets a 3rd time, it’s obviously a shove). It’s kinda hard getting paid out of pos in that spot, but depends on villain. Does he play a lot of hands, does he bluff, does he value a smaller flush, does he bluff with the naked Ah. He will for sure bet his fullhouse combos.

I think it’s ok to check river, cause you give him the chance to bet worse hands, or bluff. If he checks back, he probably does so with hands he would have folded to a bet anyway. And if you chk-call, chk-call, bet riv, he may fold some hands he would’ve take another stab with.. like under pairs, baby flushes, bluffs

Nice hand πŸ™‚
    keep posting πŸ™‚

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar