Would you have played it differently

Home Forums Share Your Hand Would you have played it differently

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Herman
    Participant

$1/$2 blinds but gave plays like a $2/$5 or even $5/$5 at times I’m in the SB with K♣️Q♣️ Villain in the big blind Is who we are focusing on solid player really tight so 8 limp in I raise to $17 villain get 6 callers pot is $106 flop is ♠️8 ♣️3 ♦️4 villain bets $40 and utg+2 folds I call with a back door flush draw and two overs turn comes ♠️K I check villain bets $100 I raise to $300 total he folds should I have just flated the bet and value bet the river?

Herman
    Participant

Stack size I have $700 he has $600 starting the hand

John S
    Participant

I kind of feel like this is a spot where you never get called by worse and never get better to fold. Maybe 56s calls, but I don’t think any one pair or worse hand is calling (except maybe AK).

You won the pot, but I wouldn’t expect to make too much more here unless you think he’s the type of player to bluff the river or bet it with 2nd/3rd pair.

Robert L
    Participant

That should definitely be a call. You’re only getting your opponent to fold weaker hands and you’re really not going to be getting value here. You want to keep your opponents bluffs in as well as not building a pot when you’re range is capped.

Han
    Participant

This is a tough spot in a super-bloated multiway pot.

I think the preflop raise is a bit too small. I would’ve made it 25-30 here. Accounting for all the limpers and your position.

As played, I think a call on the turn would keep all his bluffs and worst hands in going into the river. Check-raising is very strong and you would not get worst to call. We also checked the flop as the PFR, and then woke up when the King came. Our hand is pretty face up on this dry board.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar